Inca Trail 2D/1N
The short version of the famous and stunning Inca Trail, for travelers who have less time but don't want to miss out on this unique experience. We start at km. 104 and walk till the ruins of Wiñahuayna. After a visit to the ruins, we go to Inti Punku (Sun Gate, 2,650 meter msl) from where we will have a fabulous view over the Lost City of the Incas. We continue to the village of Aguas Calientes where we will stay for the night. The next day we will depart very early to visit Machu Picchu .
You will be picked up from your hotel at 6:30 am to the train station for the train to Machu Picchu . There is beautiful scenery along the way! We will get off at Km. 104 where the two day hike starts around 10:30 am. First we will visit the ruins of Chacchabamba ( 2,250 meter msl). Around 4:00pm we will continue to the Puerta del Sol (Sun Gate or “Inti Punko”) where we might see one of the most beautiful sun sets of your life! From there we will continue our hike to Aguas Calientes where we will sleep for the night in a hotel.
After an early breakfast we will take the bus to arrive at the ruins of Machupicchu for sunrise and before all the tourists arrive. You will also have the option to walk up to the citadel (~ 1 hr hike). We will take a guided tour of Machupicchu of about two and a half hours, leaving some free time to explore the ruins and have lunch afterwards (not included).
We have to be at the train station by 3.15 pm to catch the 3.30 train back to Cusco . You will arrive in Cusco at approximately 8.30 pm. Sometimes Peru Rail organizes the train to be met in Ollantaytambo by a bus and you will travel from there to Cusco in bus.
- Hotel pickup to the train station
- Entrance to the Inka trail and Machupicchu.
- Professional Guide(EN – ES) (2 guídes for groups over 8 people).
- 01 Meal: 01 Lunch
- First aids equipment included oxygen bottle.
- Bus ticket: Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes –First day.
- Bus ticket: (RT) Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes
- Train ticket: Aguas Calientes to Cusco, (Passangers and porters).
- Assisted transfer from train station to hotel (passengers that return the fourth day).